Monday, August 20, 2012

A Quiet Monday

Wack left for work at 4:50 a.m.  And it quieted again.

The alarm went off and we settled back in to Mondays "off" from workout.  And it quieted again.

I went to work - and my "roommate" on the other side of the wall is out on vacation this week... so it's quiet there.  I didn't realize HOW quiet until I heard someones phone chirp that they were receiving text messages.  I NEVER hear it, but my roommate does...  Usually her music is on and she's clicking away on her computer that - in all of this time, I really haven't ever been bothered by it.  But today... I hear it.  It goes off.  And then it quiets again. I prefer the quiet.  

The Dad and I have had to WORK to get to this week.  This week something happens in our lives and while we know part of it, we don't know all of it.  It's been frustrating, encouraging, scary, exciting, overwhelming... but mostly a time full of all sorts of questions.  Questions that were met with "the quiet"...  silence.  Over and over... and over again.

I've been vocal about it all... but today.  I've been quiet.  We made it to this week.  We didn't have a choice.  The world hasn't ended, nor will it... Perhaps the expectations, originally there, the hope, the integrity, the trust - all but dissolved.  Yet, oddly, it's bringing about - "The Quiet".

And the quiet continues.

Ahh... until NOW.  As I watch my baby boy... my 6'4" baby boy pull up from his day at work and open the door to a "hello" to the dogs full of love and appreciation for them.  A few words to MOTY and a gulp of Sunny D out of the jug in the fridge... followed by the thumping a big boy makes going down the stairs, with a whistle...  A very welcome trounce down the stairs, a smile at the whistle.  A boy who knows what his next move is. His hope - and his dreams guide me away from the quiet.  If even momentarily.  A knowing smile because he is happy.  That's all we want for our kids.  Then again, it's what we all hope for, is it not?

The door shuts.  I hear no more.

I hear IT again.  The quiet.  

I just don't love "the quiet".  



No comments: