Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pretty sure they call this day: Darius Rucker Day

First - I haven't written in two days.  I have good excuses.  Sort of.  Kind of... No I don't.

Thursday I worked until 6, got home, the mini Minns' had taken off around 1:30 pm for the 3 day concert at the Gorge.  The Dad helped them pack up the Tahoe on Wednesday night... tents, camping BBQ, cooler, bins with all of the necessities, holy board, lanterns, pillows, blankets, the Costco table (that... if you have that, you KNOW how often it gets borrowed or used!  Top ten best purchase ever.), sleeping bags, bug spray, aloe, tylenol (oh wait, those were MY contributions).  So Thursday night I got home, exhausted but with a monkey off my back - happy to say - and gutted Thing One and Thing Twos' rooms.  

Why?

Because... <big sigh> we had family coming to stay with us and they were expected to arrive on Friday while we were at work.  I gave up around midnight - rooms dusted, vacuumed, semi organized, sh*t thrown away, laundry done - but the bedding was the hold up.  While the sheets were dry or in the dryer when I went to bed on Thursday night - they were not on the beds.  Nor were they when I left for work yesterday.  And if you've been here <this page> before - you know how *great* Fridays are for me.  I could have come home at lunch and thrown the beds together, vacuumed the living room and done a few last minute things - but I have a date tonight with Darius - so pedicure it was!  

Oh how my toes twinkle with merriment now!

Literally minutes after I walked in from work, our guests arrived.  Thankfully, thankfully, thankfully... The Dad came home around 3 and did a few things for me.  He left the beds - but that's okayyyyy because he just really shouldn't have any 'bed making' responsibilities. Scratch that - he could if I had not grown up in my mothers house.  Nuff' said.

While they chit chatted, I made the beds, folded 4 of about 12 loads of laundry and then came upstairs and told him to figure out dinner. 

PIZZA IT IS!  Without Wack around, it didn't seem quite right, but it sufficed.  Our guests (The Dads' sister and husband) left for her 30 year high school reunion and we watched the Olympics with #7 and our sweet niece Megan.  She is VERY knowledgeable about who's won, when each event is over, what's next...  She's a good one to watch the Olympics with.  

I haven't jumped on the "Why did I stay up so late watching the Olympics" bandwagon, so last night - though I could have - was not the night.  I had to get a proper amount of sleep, make sure I was up and out for my run early (7:15 am), pick up the dog you-know-what in the backyard, mow (which I started and then turned over to The Dad so I could do this, pay bills and finish getting Blue Eyes laundry done since he heads back on Tuesday.  Suck.), and get to the store for breakfast stuff to make for our guests.  

It's actually pretty funny... I've loved Hootie & The Blowfish, Darius... since Wack was 2.  I've seen HATB 3 times (not nearly enough, but then there was this little thing called "life" to tend to) and as a country artist 2 times.  I'm a girl.  Rucker is handsome and has that oh so sexy voice...  I mean, right?  BUT - The Dad seems nearly as excited as me for this gig. He wants to head out to Northern Quest and The Q at 4:30, eat dinnnnnerrrrr, have funnnnn... and I'm thinking we'd leave at, say, 5:30 and STILL have plenty of time for all of that.  Maybe it's the last two weeks that have taken their toll on him, maybe it's knowing that two of our boys are "gone" this week to start the "fall" off all over again... maybe he likes Darius as much as me?I  Balderdash!  There's just no way...

Then again, he's already laid out his "outfit" for tonight.  Hmmmm

No matter - it's Darius Rucker Day, thanks to my Twitter Friends at Northern Quest!  Good times a' comin'!  Thanks in advance Northern Quest!

No comments: