Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Calling all cars! Calling all cars!

Or just cops.

I walked out of my work building today to see a newer goldish/pewter colored Chevy Tahoe with regular ole' Washington State license plates - parked diagonally in the middle of our parking lot and a person getting out of it in... ahhh... cop-ish clothes.  Mostly not as identifiable as "regular" cop clothes.  He had pulled over a nice mercedes in our parking lot.  

I watched him as he handed the now angry man in the mercedes a piece of paper and say "Have a nice day."  I mean, REALLY?  "Have a nice day." after you've given a ticket?  That's crap.

So the policeman in disguise got back into the pretty Tahoe, took the entire width of the parking lot to turn around, versus pulling into a slot, backing up and turning the car around.  The Mad Man in the Mercedes pulled up behind him at the driveway and me behind the Mad Man.  The PID turned left and then immediately got in the left hand lane to turn like you're going to my house from my work.  The MMIM turned right.  I made my left turn and got into that same left hand lane by McDonalds and took the left.  As I went along the Palouse Highway and was just passing the Claire House on the left, the PID had just done another U-ey in that lot to catch the next speeder on the Palouse.  I passed by him/Claire  House and knew it was the same car, and he took a left and immediately pulled in behind me.  And then his little lightbulb went off and he pulled over onto the very small shoulder, flipped his car around again and pulled back into the Claire House parking lot.  That little lightbulb was that he obviously saw me get in my car back at work and he had *just remembered* my car and also that I now KNEW he was a P.I.D.  I think he's one of those ones that has to get his quota or likes his whole power thing knowing most people on the roads have ZERO CLUE that he is, in fact, a P.I.D.  

I've seen more and more of these cars that are typically "family" cars.  Suburbans, Tahoes, Explorers and Expeditions.  And you know they love that no one knows they are police.  But it's deceiving, isn't it?  To sneak up behind someone in an unmarked family vehicle, pretend you're just another driver on the road... just WAITING to catch someone.  

So for today - I blew his quota.  At least right at that moment.  I'm sure he was all excited to follow me and see if I'd do a california stop up ahead or forget my blinker at the next light... Instead, I know the car - and when I head back to work... I'm gonna wave at you!  




No comments: