Saturday, June 23, 2012

Trailer Trash

The Dad and I are no good for nuthin, down and out, trailer trash.  

Well - we are tonight, when we attend a "Trailer Trash 2012" party.  We had big aspirations to drag along the "couch" that's been collecting dust since the remodel and put it in the hosts' front yard - but we couldn't make it happen.  Bummer.

So we've been digging through closets and "researching" the world wide web for outfit ideas and I've gotta say - I'm looking forward to this.

The invitation calls for appetizers that one might find at a known "trailer trash" abode - you know, spam, velveeta cheese...  But I chose to make South Lloyd trailer trash 7 layer dip and the finest trailer trash jalapeno poppers, courtesy of trailer trash in Whatcom county!  They may not taste like REAL trailer trash food, BUT they will be appropriately "titled" so that some of the other fake trailer trash attendees know it's "safe" to eat!

I am also bringing a bowl of spaghettios with franks in a bowl that I intend to just keep moving from spot to spot.

Thanks to one of our family friends - who always brings fake cigarettes to every party she attends up here, I will have some of those on hand for anyone hankering for a smoke.  

The Dad just walked in wearing this, wondering if it was "acceptable" for the soiree:


Looks good to me...  but we're still digging.  I'll make sure to post a photo prior to our departure.  

I've got a good idea of what to wear - but I keep getting "trailer trash" with "valley girl" crossed.  Or... are they pretty much the same thing?

Lets goooooo!!!!!  

1 comment:

christalovesotto said...

can i have that hard hat when you are done? i need it for flagging!