Sunday, June 17, 2012

Get Naked and Get Dirty!

Reverse that.  Get dirty & then get naked.  And spend 40 minutes in the shower getting dirt out of areas where dirt should NEVER be.  And then dry off, find more dirt and get back in the shower.

Why?

Because we did The Dirty Dash!  The 2nd Dirty Dash in The Can - with plans to do many more and involve many many more family members and friends!   Starting off with jumping over ginormous bales of hay, through huge mud puddles and man made mud "pools", through the Spokane River, up rope climbing obstacles, down rope climbing obstacles, army crawling through mud and huge metal tubs... crawling through bark/sawdust under rope obstacles, over huge pipes slippery with mud and water, a slip and slide, a beer... we even saw three deer.  Blasted with mud (professional "after" photos to come), laughter, funny people in funny outfits...

So.  Much.  Fun.




We have actually rinsed off before the second photo - so when we get the photos from right after the race - you'll have a better understanding!  But note my shirt...  That should give you a good indication of what my whole body was like prior to rinsing off!

We "ran" the race/event, showered a few times, still felt dirty, but headed out to an end of the school year party at our friends.  We ate, chatted, ate some more, enjoyed the sunshine and then raced off to my niece and soon to be nephew-in-laws graduation party out in Cheney.  Fun times despite it being the 16th of the month.

I still thought about her all day - and as I reflected on the race several times throughout the day, I knew... that she and her friends would LOVED to have done this event.  I can imagine their photos, stories and mud slinging fights.  I can imagine their "memories".  The sun shone through and I know she was smiling at the silly mess that her uncle and I were in and maybe some of her friends.  We have, ironically, 16 family members that swear they are doing it with us next year - so our team name may have to include the girl who would certainly take this event by storm!

We finished our day with The P's and the K's at The Manito TapHouse - where The Dad tried some wussy beer and I actually took a chance and tried something a little less "wussy".  I think it improved my "mowing" game this morning as I went diagonal again out in the yard!  I should have taken my time as I was eager to get inside, clean up, start laundry and get The Dad settled on the couch with the control in his hand while we, uhhh  he hoped to watch Tiger forge back to the lead.  Instead, that's not happening, The Dad is asleep and I have to get my ars off this spot and get the next load of laundry going.

Tiger may not win (won't), but at least we, uhhhh HE, has the basketball game to look forward to!  #ThunderUp


No comments: