Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Heat is On!

I come home for lunch most days - and usually have the house to myself with the attack dogs!  Okay, so they only "attack" the milk bone treat I give them when I let them out - they're attacking.  <shrug>

But today - all of the boys are home.  #7 came in to work - though work was cancelled (I wish I had that problem every so often) and Blue Eyes and Wack were obviously let out early on account of the piss poor weather.  Again... not a problem at my work.  <sigh>

I heard and read/saw all of the hype about the rain that was "supposed" to be coming our way and it clouded up yesterday a few times, only to finish up sunny and warm.  I even got the lawn mowed, after making dinner... cleaning it up... while The Dad went to work out.  I'm going to do us all a favor and "not go there" right now.  But I didn't expect THIS weather.  

So here I am -  mostly caught up on the laundry, just threw in a pork roast for pulled pork tonight, seasoned etc, unloaded the dishwasher and made myself a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter on it.  Idle chit chat with #7 while Wack bellows downstairs at something he's watching on HBO in his room and Blue Eyes chose the downstairs couch to fall asleep on.  

Let's add another facet here.  My house is freezing.  It's 55 degrees out and the dad has heat and air off because it's been just so nice out that we haven't needed either.  Scratch that, our A/C broke last year and we knew if we could make it through the three hot weeks from end of July to mid August we'd be fine.  And we did.  Besides, the A/C companies wanted to charge us $4500 for a replacement AND we "know a guy" that's going to put one in for a third of the cost.  So that's on the docket in the next 10 days.  Why don't we just "survive" the same three weeks we survived last year? 

Because of these little things called "hot flashes".  Screw the 3 weeks... this is for life baby!  That ain't happenin.

Anyhow - it's non-hot flash time zone in my house during the day, it's 55 degrees and pouring out, not a hint of the sun and I'm NOT going to have a runny nose because he (The Dad) refuses to turn on the heat in June.  So...

The heat is now on.  And will be until after dinner.  After early fringe TV programming and right up until he hops into bed.  At which time - the first of 2 bedtime hot flashes will hit.  At that point, I will lovingly, and gently kiss the top of his nose and point the way to the thermostat, indicating that it can be shut off.  I can tell you that after 21 years of blissful marriage - it won't even take that.  As soon as I throw the covers off one leg and take anyones name in vain, he'll know what's next, hop out of bed before the second one hits and people need to fear for their lives...  Heat "off".  And that my friends will earn him one heckuva "cuddle".


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had me laughing out loud. The hot flash stuff cracks me up.