Sunday, June 10, 2012

I Will Survive!

The day is nearly over.  We went to work out, we stopped at the store, I cooked up breakfast and make The Dad clean out the car.

Why? you ask.  Well, because my Black Beauty (my Jeep) decided to die yesterday.  She died several miles out at a graduation party.  We jumped her 3 times to get her home and now she's in the garage, nervously awaiting her trip to the car doctor.  Oh no wait... that's us.  Good thing we bought the extended warranty...

But his car had to be cleaned out before I wore MY nice clothes in it to the graduation!  

Zach Attack came up and was a man of few words... retreated to the basement and came up with his keys and out the door.  Blue Eyes left to hit a bucket of balls at the driving range.  #7 laid low on the couch and watched part of a movie.

Then all of the usual stuff... shower, bicker, race around, tidy up, make a face behind his back about a comment... you know.  The usual.

The graduation went off without a hitch.  It was over in less than an hour and a half and Wack made us all proud - even though he was texting during the ceremony.  I won't balk at it, because he was texting his brothers and there's nothing I love more than the banter that goes on between my boys.

Afterwards we had made a family decision to go to dinner at P.F. Changs - a favorite, celebratory occasion eating spot for our family.  

Now - The Dad and I are getting ready to be at Ferris for the Class of 2012 Senior All Nighter.   Now... it's hitting me.  Now, every little thought about that 7 pound, 12 ounce skinny little "Bean" baby is bringing tears to my eyes.  The gobby.  Ohhhh to have the gobby days back.  The days with all of the fun hats they made at preschool with Kurt, the memories of last days of school with Perrianne and the boys at some water park with 6 boys...  The Shaun Alexander wrist band, the Hawks, the Dodgers, the laughter that comes from his room, the TV room or up here when he's watching something funny.  And ohhhh when he laughed WHILE reading a good book.  






This is it.  

Love you Zachy.  Good job.  Thanks for all of your hard work.  If you need someone to do your laundry at the FIJI house at UW... you call.  I'm a quick hour flight away.

Love - MOTY

No comments: