Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Planning for Fathers Day

The first thing I'm going to do on Fathers Day is... wake up.

And then I'm going to manipulate The Dad into thinking we should take Jack, Dan and Boone to the dog park for a good walk and play.  (Actually, this won't be that hard because Jack, Dan and Boone apparently know what Sundays are by their internal clocks and they got stiffed this past Sunday due to Zach Attacks graduation schedule so they will really be amped up!).

After the walk we'll head home but with Blue Eyes in Seattle until later than evening we won't be doing a family deal until that afternoon.  So since, technically, the "holiday" won't be able to start family wise until evening, I think it would make sense that we do the weeding, mowing and trimming so that the yard looks nice for Fathers Day Night.

We'll probably need some things at the store, and while I'm scrubbing toilets, I'll ask one of the boys to go and when they don't move off of the couch for 45 minutes, I'll huff and I'll puff and The Dad will ask me what I need and he will go.  

This is where my master plan comes in to play.  While he's gone, I'll finish the toilets, vacuum the stairs and living room, piss and moan about how hot it is in the house and then stop for a minute to watch Tiger Woods inch closer to his next win... all in peace.  

I'll race back to the shower before he gets home, shower up, dry my hair and get dressed just in time for him to walk in and realize he missed the shower.  It's okay though, I have more planned.

After this, with the sun shining and all, I'll tell him it looks like a great day to walk down to Starbucks for a green tea lemonade.  He'll look at me like "Really?  Seriously?  I walked at the dog park and then at the store and it's fathers day."  But he'll go along with it because he'll be anxiously awaiting his Fathers Day "gifts" later on.

We'll get home.  Blue Eyes will pull up.  I'll start making dinner.  Do another load of laundry, getting a little pissy about the next day being Monday, finish making dinner, clean up the dishes (after all, even though he usually does this part, it IS Fathers Day so I will do it) and  then we'll sit to finish watching The Tiger Woods win.  

#7 will head back to Cheney.  Wack will head out to his friends... as will Ryan and that is when I'll give Jeff his gift.  

I intend to surprise him by yawning.  Stretching.  Griping about how it's too hot and walk back to the bedroom.  

When he finally figures it out and heads back there... I will have taken off my clothes, hopped into bed....

.... and fallen sound asleep.  His gift?  The 33 minutes it takes him to realize I'm not in the room.  33 whole minutes to flip channels.  33 whole minutes to snore without my bitching.  33 minutes to tinker on his ipad.  

Man oh man.  He is one lucky fella!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved it! Especially the last line.