Friday, September 28, 2012

"When I Get Home".... He Said...

I didn't know that the Huskies' game was last night until late in the day when a co-worker asked if I was going to watch the game...
 
So I texted Wack and asked him if he was going to the game.
 
Wack: "Yup"
MOTY: "With the guys?"
Wack: "Of course."
MOTY: "Did you get your package today?"
Wack: "I'm not sure.  I'll check when I get home."
 
Home?  A sleeping porch where 16 guys sleep on bunkbeds, he eats at a table with 75-100 other guys, where he will sweep floors and clean toilets, has already replaced The Lloyd House as...
 
"Home"
 
 
 
But, I will say this about the new "temporary" home... that you feel like you are walking into Hogwarts when you walk through that front door.  So though it tugged at my heart last night when I read it - it did feel "magical" when I walked into the house on 17th Ave NE.  As long as he's happy... I'll TRY to be.
 
It's all I can do.  Obliviate...  




1 comment:

christalovesotto said...

cleanest sleeping porch i have ever seen! the guy in the bunk below has a nicely made bed. good sign!