Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I Can Bring Home The Bacon...

Fry it up in a pan...

And even though I can do that - I'm finding myself feeling jealous that The Dad gets to be home.  I know that, given the choice, he would still be driving out to Liberty Lake every day working for a company he loved, loved the people at, believed in... oh... and paid him a bi-weekly paycheck.

I can usually come up with some projects for him to finish (small things:  clean furnace filters, pick up dog poop, mow lawn, DON'T DARE TOUCH THE LAUNDRY, drop off dry cleaning, go to Costco, give the dogs a bath) when he's not working on resumes, online applications and networking.

And he's pretty good about giving me that look that that a 16 year old would give if you asked them to do a chore when they just really don't want to.  But I'm finding it easier to not get worked up when he does that.  

After all - it was me that fought this whole empty nest thing, tooth and nail.  So, if I've got a 44 year old acting like a kid, well then... I should be happy with that, yes?

Maybe not so much.  At least not all of the time.

Good news is it's football season and now that I'm working from 8 to 5 (instead of not working in the fall or working 8:15 to 3:30, when I was in the school district) I can have him go get all of the "supplies", food, accouterments, etc that are needed for our tailgates. So there's that.  

The trick is going to be to "learn him" how to cook.  My master plan is to get him back to bringing home the bacon for ME to fry up in the pan.  Rather, my WANTING to fry it up in a pan!

So if you're looking for a phenomenal I.T. Manager/Project Manager, The Dad is your guy!  

No comments: