Monday, September 24, 2012

Out Of My Blogging Mind!

I'm making excuses as to having fallen off the post-a-day (or as close to a post a day as possible) goal.  But it's all valid.  I've been outside my mind busy getting that last baby boy of mine shopped for, prepped, packed and moved off to his new home in Seattle.  We spent nights and weekends shopping for bedding, foam pads, socks, new pants, bags, bins, etc.  

I worked late three nights and thru a few lunches because I knew I would be gone a work day to make that all happen.  

I was regrouping after a tumultuous 6 weeks after finding out that The Dads' employer had sold his company and The Dad and three other Senior Level Executives were not going to be asked to stay on with the new national company - and thought I would be able to get back to my goal of birthday cards for those in my circle - and even THAT fell by the wayside (again) due to the "Moving time for the third son SNUCK up on us and now we have to cram everything into 4 days" time.

ON TOP OF THAT...  The Dad being home, I'm gonna say it... disrupts my lunch time.  When he's working - I come home, let the dogs out, start some laundry, make a piece of toast, some leftovers or eat a yogurt, sit down at the computer and post my post.  But with The Dad home... I come home, the dogs are already out, the laundry still gets started and then as I prepare my lunch - he chats.  And he wants to discuss turf products for holy board and tailgating plans.  All I want to do at lunch is relax.  My job is so busy all of the time and right now with political it's double hell.  Not that there is such a thing.  But if there was, this is it.

Today I luck out (sorry The Dad).  Today The Dad has a meeting he HAS to go to per the Unemployment Security Department, in order to start receiving his benefits.  It would have been nice if on, July 23rd, the day he KNEW he would not be working after 8/31, he could apply then, so there wasn't a 4 week lapse without pay...  But it is what it is, and today - I get to hang with my four legged friends, eat my toast and let my mind wander.

In the days I haven't been able to post - there's been some STUFF going on.
- We moved Wack.  I made his bed.  Saw his room.  Cried when I left and chewed the dad out for impregnating me another time 19 years ago, so that I would have to go through that.  
- Blue Eyes has a talk radio show on KUGR (Cougar) radio on Thursdays from 8-10p.  We missed the first round 2 weeks ago and when I got home from a long day last Thursday, The Dad had the computer booted up to the website for us to listen and tho' at first, I sighed a heavy sigh thinking I would listen to a little, but have so much to do...  I listened to the entire thing and he was so frickin' awesome that I stayed put in an uncomfortable chair at the table the entire time, tweeting and texting friends, family etc to listen in.  So proud.
- My sons read about my parents divorce on The Bookface.  Why?  Because even though the parents and I have not communicated as of late, due to yet more dysfunction - they decided that because of that - they need not inform us.  <sigh>  The only (local) grandparents my kids have left and have had as a couple for their entire lives and they read about it on The Bookface.  Neat.
- #7 had a kick ass game this weekend.  A fake FG attempt for my former QB - turns into an 18 yard completion for him (was a TD, called back due to a foot out of bounds) but it got the first down and we were screaming.  Correction... I was screaming!  And I screamed again when he got his first interception of the season.  AND tonight he will be on the Coaches Show out at Northern Quest to recap some of the game.  
- I began "The Gutting" part 3 yesterday.  T-shirts out of drawers that haven't been worn since 5th grade, socks that don't match up in Wacks dresser, washed all of the bedding, tried to figure out if any of the 3 xbox's in his room work or are just there for decoration. 

There's more but my lunch is only so long and I have to get gas in Black Betty before I head back in so that she's full to get us out to the coaches show tonight.

I'm not settled into the silence and if I let myself think about it too much, I choke up and want to cry.  I know that this is what we work for and I am so proud that my boys have done the things they've done and do, and am thankful that they have gotten to where they want to be at this point.  Selfishly, I want to pull around the corner, see Zach's truck on the street and feel good knowing he's home safe and sound.  Instead, I pull around the corner and now only get to wish it was gone until 5:30pm or so, when it would pull up, a young man would bound up the steps, walk in, ask what's for dinner and then disappear downstairs where music would blare until dinner was ready.  

Unfortunately for The Dad... there's not going to be any naked walking around the house until I can grasp the quiet.  Well, not by me anyhow.  He's been doing it for ages.

No comments: