Saturday, September 22, 2012

An Empty Room, A Full Day

The last "child" bedroom is empty.  Filled only with the sound of silence and maybe at times, with a dog on the empty bed.

I didn't cry when I dropped off #7 or Blue Eyes at college on their first year - but it's hard to cry when you see your kids so very excited and happy to start their next phase.  Then it hit me... when I dropped them off, there was still another one here at home.  Someone who needed me to cook and clean and just "be" here for.  This time - that's not the case.  This is the first weekend without Wack bounding up the stairs every once in a while for snacks or dinner or heading out in the GMC to hang with the fellas.  So today - I cried.

More on that later.  Like, a completely later date.  Just writing it here still makes me want to cry.

So today we followed the WSU Football game on Twitter - only to watch them lose 35-34 in the final minutes.  This is a game the Cougs were supposed  to win hands down.  It was supposed to be a B.I.G. win.  When they lost I wanted to text Blue Eyes immediately, but also knew full well - that he would need some time to start to accept it before I tried to talk to or text him.  He said this is one he'll never forget.  Aaawwwweee man.  What a bum deal!

In other exciting news where ole Blue Eyes is concerned... Heck, I'll write about that tomorrow.

I'm emotionally beat and I need to go find my ipod so that I can fall asleep with music in my ears... the quiet is deafening.

If you're on Twitter then  you'll understand this:  So far #emptynestbites

No comments: