Tuesday, October 16, 2012

No More Drama! Except For... Well...

I arrived home today at lunch to find an envelope with my dad's writing on it...  My birthday card had arrived - 13 days after my birthday.  BUT... I am not complaining, as today I sat down with my little book with birthdays and wrote out and address cards to those I've missed since the end of July.  If you've been here you know, if you haven't... well - July 23rd was the day The Dad (not my dad, but my boys dad) was informed the business was being sold and his job was - well... uh... done fer.  No more.  So you can imagine many things went in the tank with my tailspin.  <sigh>  

We seem to be regaining some ground after paying the house fee at UW Fiji and the remainder of tuition that wasn't covered with financial aid.  We've fixed cards, gotten tires on cars, licensed cars... paid down bills and made holy boards and giant jenga's.  Well "WE" haven't.  Not like it takes a rocket scientist to figure that out.

He did make dinner today.  One where he actually had to follow directions AND come up with a side dish.  I'm going to give him points for having french bread as a side dish.  He HAD to go to the store for it, which entailed getting dressed and putting on underwear... So it's going to count.

But back to the card.  My birthday card from my pa.  I was in a pretty foul mood on my way home for lunch.  I miss my Sac world.  I miss Greg, Linda, Peter, Rita, Adam... Pat.  I miss my peeps and I am NOT meant to work in an office with a bunch of drama.  I can so DO the middle school scheme of drama that goes on.  But I just don't find much entertainment, enjoyment or satisfaction from women pissing and moaning about this and that, hating someone one night and not 8 hours later, and oh so much more...

So bad mood.  Poor Jeff.  Open card and... it says "Jeff has your gift."

Well.  Shit.  "Jeff" aka, The Dad was out putting chairs and the deck table in the storage room because bad mood me walked in and pissily let him know the BBQ cover had just blown off the BBQ and clear to the other side of the deck.  I didn't walk towards the deck to save it... I did nothing.  So The Dad did.  

But now I didn't know what my gift was.

Luck be a lady!  He couldn't contain himself.  The Dad explained that MY dad had emailed him last week saying he could send a check or money as a gift, but he knows, what with The Dad looking for work, that the $$ would probably get spent on something "not fun".  So he asked J if he had any ideas.  And J told him that I'd recently seen an ad for and said I'd like to see "Jersey Boys" which is in Spokane, or will be in a few days!  

Yes... drama.  But this kind of drama is just what the doctor ordered!



Thanks pops, for drowning out the Tuesday doldrums with an unexpected, best birthday present from you ever.   Well... the walkman back in 1982 was pretty frickin rad too.  




No comments: