Sunday, October 21, 2012

I Love...

I love fall.  I love the colors, the smells and that it's football season.  Sure... it's my first fall without any boys in the house and I don't love that part of this fall.  

But this fall has afforded us a lot of time with family... and more to come!

We spent Labor Day weekend with my brother and sister-in-law and our nieces in The Couve.  When the tailgates started - our Eagles nieces AK & BK and soon to be nephew-in-law have joined in on the fun and are so so so so SOOOO helpful in helping me get everything set up, they bring no-bakes, or cowboy caviar, salmon and well... just something to help make the party the successes they usually are.  They've been super troupers after the games when cousin #7 heads out to the spot with some of the other players.  

After #7's injury, their dedication to their school, the team and their cousin (and aunt and uncle) was unwavering.  They stayed the course and while #7 isn't on the field at this time - that doesn't change this one fact for them:  He's family.  And whether your family member is the star of the show or the understudy - they are there to support.  These girls bring this home time and again and remind me of who I want to be, what I hope my kids can or will be.  They don't only send the message - they live the message.  

It doesn't matter if you're winning, losing, playing, not playing, hurting, angry, happy or sad.  My nieces have been there.  For him.  For us.  For their family.

I have been asked before when I've told people about the boys games "Well, is (#7, Blue Eyes, Wack) playing/starting?"  Because if he isn't... it's not worth it to come.  No... that's not been the spoken  word.. it's been the unspoken word.  In fact, with #7 not playing, some people aren't even following it anymore.  So unknowing are they.  Shame on them.  But shame on me for wasting my energy wondering HOW not supporting someone through the rough patches is O.K. but whom will, upon his or their return or successes... choose to brag about someone they don't see or talk to otherwise.

So the energy shift is for the F words.  Family.  Football.  Football players we feed after the final buzzer.  Friends.  Fun. Freedom.  Fellowship.  Fireball!!  

Scott, Jake, MOTY, The Dad, Cyndi, TK, AK, BK, EK  Oct 21, 2012
AK (Soon to be A.S.) October 14, 2012
Not this fall... damnit...


Tailgate Oct 20, 2012
Alli's birthday - taco bash - 10/14/12






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the minnerlys to pieces! No matter what, when, or where! Xoxoxo