Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Non BookFace Birthday

I got to thinking about my first birthday NOT on the Bookface...  and it was different.
 
I remember getting over 100 "Happy Birthdays" on the Bookface the last few years and it makes you feel good.  Right?
 
But when you're not on the Bookface, you don't get those, right?  And it got me to thinking at the end of the day.  Or maybe it was the start of THIS day...
 
I heard from the most important people in my life on my birthday.  The Dad, #7, Blue Eyes and Wack.  #7 even drove in, arm in sling, to bring me a card.  Granted he was also seeking a plethora of pillows so that he could sleep propped up... but that doesn't actually take anything away from it.  Wack actually got a card in the mail, from the house at 4503 17th Ave NE in time for it to get here on my actual birthday.  Blue Eyes was the only one to actually CALL but then we got to chat AND he told me he is coming in on Saturday (for the new tire appointment he slept through last weekend) - but any time I can have any of them - is a great day!
 
Emails from all of my dads - okay, there's only 2 of them... I think.  Text from my favorite sister TK and brother EK, a visit at work from one of my best pals Greg - with good tidings from a few of my other pals at my old job.  Both of my moms sent something my way - one a card, the other a cheery text! 
 
But then - there were miscellaneous texts and calls as the day and night went on... THOSE are the people that, when you get those texts, calls - you know those are your real friends.  The ones who don't need a notification box in a web application to tell you that it's someone in your list of 427 friends, birthday.  I realized that while it's nice to get 427 "Happy Birthday" greetings... it's much  more gratifying, rewarding to get them from people who just remember.  On their own. 
 
I did not get 427 calls or texts or messages on a webpage.  No matter - because the best people in my life, the ones I love the most, made me feel better than any 427 people that I don't talk to most of the days of my life... ever could.
 
43 and one day never felt so good!
 


No comments: