Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hair Day! Hair Day!

Wednesday is hair appointment day!  Yee haw!

The past couple of times I've gone in to see Deanna - I've had to fight the internal battle with my selves "To cut?" or "Not to cut?"  And "not to cut" has been winning.  But only because with #7 still in his big 2.5 year, $10 bet (yes... ten whole dollars) I have decided that for as long as he grows his hair, I will continue to grow mine.

Here's what I haven't shared with anyone - including The Dad, or Jack, Dan or Boone whom I nuggle up with daily...

My hair can't be short.  It just can't.  And I feel like it takes an unreal amount of time for mine to grow... which is why this is just a thought.

But #7's plan is, when the time comes to cut his hair - to donate his mane to Locks of Love.  There are "rules" to how that's done...  but, it's a cool thing to do.  So...  perhaps I should too?  The only hang up here is - that my hair isn't as long as his.  Or is it?

MOTY & #7

No.  It's not.  And his has these wonderful curls in it, while mine is full of all sorts of bends and cowlicks.  The hair gods favored on these Minn boys (with the exception of The Dad perhaps) and now Blue Eyes is also working on a new do as well.  

But for now - I'm in my own competition with my oldest, even though he doesn't know it - to keep growing mine as long as he's growing his.  This is no easy feat, please understand. Ask any woman and when she's wavering, many times we just cave and say "WTF?"  And if most women are like me - they go home, like it for the rest of the day and then the next day - after showering and unable to style it like the day before - we wish we could have our hair back.

Tomorrow, for now... is hair day!  Highlight, no cut, keep growing, hair day!  


No comments: